Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~ presumption ~

"an example of a presumption is someone assuming their opinion is the right one"
(quoted from YourDictionary)
 
i've had two cases whereby i made a presumption about something (or rather, someone). at the end, whatever presumption that i had in my mind turned out to be wrong.
 
case #1
i deal with the vendors most of the times (vendors for books, library hardware/equipments, library system, online resources, etc2). once, we were trying to get quotation for something that we need for the library. all communications during that time were done via e-mail or through phone. and all those times when i was communicating on the phone with the representative from this particular company, i created my own mental image - "this lady must be about 40yrs old (or more)". however, the 1st time i met her, there she was... a beautiful and sweet lady (it was later that i found out her age, just slightly older than me). hah, malu di situ, hehehehe... 
 
case #2
this just happened recently (obviously i didn't learn my lesson, hahaha). i was also in communication via e-mails and phone call with another vendor for another item that we need. i only had 1 chance to talk to him on the phone and he set an appointment to meet me for further discussion. (take note: once. 1 chance). that 1st phone call and i already created my own mental image (again???) - "this guy must be an indian uncle who speaks fluent B. Malaysia" (his name sounds like an Indian name). he came for the discussion and there he was, a young Chindian (presumption based on his  skin tone) guy. again, malu!!! (ahahahaha...sila gelak kuat2).
 
my point is that we tend to create our own presumption most of the times. we make our own conclusion based on what we see/hear. school girls who like to hang out with their female peers can't be categorized to belong into a certain group. my own personal experience - primary and secondary school dgn bdk2 pompn je. and i hang out dgn my female friends utk g mkn, tgk wayang, beli tudung, cari baju, beli beg, bukak posa, etc2 cz they are more sincere in giving their opinions (br tersedar, dh lma giller x hang out dgn jejaka2 kt opis... tgg aktiviti 6 Oct nt, yeahhh!!!). & i stay at their house (rumah sewa my female friends ni) for a night or two, just to catch up, bergossip & merapu. (read my post here if you want to understand more about us girls). oh ye, tp i bkn bdk skolah lg, hehehe (presumption yg i'm younger than my age, or that i still bersekolah, adalah among my favourites, muahahahahahaha).
 
** i'm just giving my personal opinion here, utk issue about female schoolgirls, based on the issue yg dibangkitkan recently.
 
.peace.

No comments: