Friday, October 5, 2012

~ marathon ~

when i started going to the gym at my office middle of this year, it's not with the intention of having a slimmer body. i run and i cycle and play badminton once a while, all because of wanting to have a healthier body. thanks to cousin who's working at the hospital & keeps on updating me on the death rate at the hospital among teenagers/young people, i get my own motivation to start going to the gym. i receive several remarks (until now pn still lagi), "ko nk g gym buat apa lg?", "aaaaiii, ini budak lagi kecik la jd badannye nnt", etc2 but i don't stop just because of what people have been telling me.
 
i am not a futsal person, though some friends do invite me once a while to join them. and i don't know how to swim (though people keep on repeating to me that swimming helps to burn more calories faster). i play badminton just for fun & to kill time while waiting for my father/sister to fetch me at the office. i am not overdoing my running, cycling or playing badminton because i feel that i should have fun to do these activities. or else, the motivation will "puffff!!!" - disappear and jd la saya perempuan yg xmahu bersenam. 
 
"lakukanlah senaman 20minit sehari, 3 hari seminggu utk kesihatan anda"
that's exactly what i did during awal2 g gym tu - only 20minutes (bab 3 hari seminggu tu leh dipertikaikan cz i go to the gym whenever i feel like going, hahaha) and that's it. that is why i can go to the gym during odd hours - when i reach office too early in the morning, i'll go to the gym around 7.30 until 8, or i go for my 20minutes session during lunch hour (pandai2 la i atur my lunch).
 
after some time, i have a different goal each time i go to the gym. it's usually about burning those calories, how much calories that i aim to burn for that day at the gym (calories burnt while doing activity harian tak dikira).  i don't aim for big number because i don't want to pressure myself. (remember, bersenam with lots of fun, hehehe). whether the machines menipu ke tidak when it displays the amount of calories yg i dh burnt, i don't know =)
 
recently, i have additional goal to achieve (apart from the total calories that i want to burn for that day) each time i run. i cover specific distance within specific time limit. i start with shorter distance, and then increase it further and makin jauh & makin jauh & makin jauh each time i lari. and my aim? to run a marathon, sekali dlm seumur hidup. it doesn't matter whether i'm going to run for my 1st marathon next year, or 5 years from now, or 10 years from now, or when i'm in my 60s or 70s, what's important is for me to prepare my body (and my mind), so that when the time comes, i can proudly say to myself "yeah, this is your 1st marathon. all those sessions & preparations that you've done, so let's finish this today". but before that, i need to have consistent self-motivation in order to help me maintain my running and cycling activities, hehehe.
 
angan2 i mcm hebat sgt nk lari marathon, kn? should start with half marathon dulu kot. or maybe masuk larian amal 10km, hehehe. tp, seronok agknye kn if dpt lari marathon?
 
.bye.

No comments: