Monday, June 14, 2010

Life goes on...

The past week has thought me about valuing those around me. The whole family is still in learning process to accept the death of my uncle last Thursday (10 June 2010). I was on leave the day before he passed away (Wednesday) and had some plans in mind. However, while queuing to get my Nasi Lemak for breakfast, I received a call from my mom saying that the Dr. has requested family members to come to the hospital because there is not much time left to be with my uncle. I cancelled my plan for that day and dashed to the hospital. Once I reached the room, I saw that most of the family members were there. Since we are a small family (my mother is the eldest among 3, I have 11 cousins whom I consider my own brothers and sisters), the days and nights that we spent together with my uncle and his family at the hospital has created a stronger bond between us. He was totally weak and unable to swallow, which makes it difficult to give him even a spoon of milk or water. The whole family stayed at the hospital until around 8 p.m., praying that Allah will make it easy for him.

The next morning, I received an sms at 9 a.m that my uncle is no more with us. His reason of death was recorded as “Advanced Prostate Cancer”.

It has been 5 days now since last Thursday. The family is still learning to cope with my uncle not being around. We pray that he will be placed among those who are blessed by Allah. Rest in peace…

what_I_feel: do not neglect those you love. appreciate them while they are still with you.

No comments: