Thursday, October 17, 2013

~ 2nd time Melbourne (Pt.3) ~

d rest of the days at Melbourne dihabiskn dgn attend pre-conference training (8 Oct) and the actual conference(9 - 11 Oct). location of the conference, William Angliss Institute.


William Angliss Institute ni is not far fr the hotel. I took d tram in the morning cz sj je nk menyibuk sma2 dgn org yg g kerja, hahahaha. (Info #3: if you are staying at Kingsgate Hotel, take tram number 86 or 95 fr William St. or Bourke St., turun d next stop after Coles supermarket). ptg lk bergantung kpd keadaan. ada hari yg I naik tram tp turun after 1 station. ada hari yg I jln kaki je. note, berjln kaki mmg pemandangan biasa.
 
everyday conference mula kul 9 am and abis b4 5 pm. after abis sessions everyday, I blk hotel, tgglkn notes etc2, then kua blk utk jln2 kt CBD jap and had dinner. limited time utk nk btul2 pusing round CBD, plus kedai2 pn mostly kul6 dh start tutup dh. jdnye pusg2, beli souvenir apa2 yg trpikir jelah kt kedai2 souvenir, instead of kt Queen Victoria Market (Info #4: kedai souvenir byk kt Swanston St.). I've mentioned about Queen Victoria Market in my entry here (Info #5: Queen Victoria Market x bkk everyday. Click here to get the info).
 
in terms of food during the conference, Halal menu dh disediakn utk I by the organizer. so, lunch I dh kira settle, xyh nk bjln g cari food. being d only Muslim, pttnye xyh prepare byk sgt Halal food utk I sorg. everyday ms lunch sure akn ada 1pinggan besar (8 org leh mkn share skali) penuh dgn chicken wrap, tuna wrap & apa ntah lg 1. tp I sll amik chicken wrap 1 je, paling byk amik pn 2. balance tu? ntah, sape ntah nk mkn. kesian terbazir, huhuhuhu....

b4 I terbang g melbourne, I buat research sndiri restaurant pe yg provide halal food. lpstu Google Map je how far restaurant tu dr hotel. (Info #6: websites I referred to ms nk cari Halal food are Halal Square, Muslim Directory Australia, Halal Melbourne, and Halal Maps). dh wt research, salin address, pndai2 sndiri la survive nk cari kedai2 tu kt sana. it's good if you print out d map siap2... amik 1 point (cnthny from hotel) and search for that restaurant. tp this time I salin je address, xde print out map pn cz as I said dlm earlier post, I was busy with smthg else right until d day b4 I trbg to melbourne. jd, apa2 preparation yg smpt jelah, lpstu tawakkal smoga everything dimudahkn. bila dh tercmpk dlm situation nk kna survive sorg2, u actually can figure out what needs to be done, where to find help, etc2. paling penting igt yg Allah is always with you, Insyaallah slmt =)

utk sesiapa yg interested to go to Melbourne (lagi2 AirAsia nk launch TuneHotel kt Melbourne), public transport is good over there (even though I was informed that there's always complaints about the service). or, if u want to do some research about the public transport, u can go to Public Transport Victoria's website (this is Info#7). to me, the tram adalah reliable. this time I didn't take the bus... but I was on the train on the last day after the conference ended. took the line to Craigieburn, stopped at Essendon, went to a family friend's house. dpt la merasa berebut2 sma2 dgn org blk kerja...good, smthg new for my 2nd time here =)

 

No comments: