Sunday, February 23, 2014

~ personal (data) protection (Pt.1) ~

since a couple of months back, I've been receiving various emails (and smses) from various organisations regarding their policy on protecting personal information of their clients. drpd bank, ke Telco, ke tv station, ke apa2 ntah lg la yg I dh dpt. I believe that u guys do receive the same emails/smses as well. ke, xde?
 
I'm now more careful to reveal my personal info yg melibatkn IC number, phone number and addresses (home and email). mcm2 phone call yg I dpt, most of it adalah telemarketing utk promo insurance, or menang "free" (???) voucher for a one-night hotel stay, and mcm2 lg. I sll terperangkap nk KENA jwb d phone call&dgr promoter tu ckp. bila diorg ckp nk explain in 3minutes je, ok la I dgr. dh smpi 3minutes tak habis gk lg explanation, I had to be lbh firm. jadilah kdg2 ayt berbunyi kasar sket. maaf, saya sweet utk 3minutes tu je.
 
recently ada sorg promoter approached me utk interview for a survey. he said there's only 8 questions & it's gonna b a quick intrvw, so I agreed. 1st question, "What's ur name?". I told him "ANONYMOUS" and he laughed at me cz dia igt I bergurau. yeah, I mmg bergurau but I said to him "I thought u said this is a survey. u can't ask the person's name when u r conducting a survey, bukan ke?" mbe la I salah in that sense tp xpelah. after complete dh sesi interview utk survey tu, dia ty lk whether I'm interested to get to know more about the product, and I bg unfavourable answer - "No, not interested". igtkn tamat dh kt ctu. tetiba dia ty my phone number (don't know knp soalan survey de phone number lk kt ujung skali), lg skali dpt unfavourable answer - "I don't simply give my phone number bcz I value my personal data protection". kasihan encik promoter. muka hensem tp too bad dpt sample yg mcm I; yg too secretive & xbrp nk bg cooperation.
 
I brtukar mnjadi sweet after that interview session ended & apologized...
"I'm sorry. I know this is ur job to sell, but I only answer to questions that I want to answer. too bad u approached me cz at d end, I'm not revealing much info. I sggst u try to approach others. they might gv u d info u want, ok?" (-- plus an apologetic smile --)
 
.bebrp saat kemudian, ayahnda called and said "dh kt Citibank". ini "Personal Protection", hahahaha.
 

No comments: